Thursday, May 17, 2012

Though I did not think it possible, I have found something more...



















Though I did not think it possible, I have found something more tedious to draw than scales… feathers. I’ve had this guy in the works for a long time now, but every time I open it, I get to inking the feathers (I used a method in Photoshop to give a rough vector inking of the pencil drawing as a starting point, but it still needs work to smooth things over afterwards, and it really lost it with the feathers) and I just get bored and don’t finish. :p As with scales, it’s just so repetitive. And then there’s those veins in the middle of the feathers that are taking the longest. (and of course you can’t even really tell when it’s shrunk down for the web, but I sell 70 inch posters, so needs to be high res!) But I really like how the face and tail look… (but I always do have fun with the hair) I am determined to finish the inks on this tonight, though.






Imported from Tumblr: http://rayegunn.tumblr.com/post/23267610889

No comments:

Post a Comment