Saturday, May 5, 2012

Free Comic Book Day

So, it’s Free Comic Book Day! who went and got free comics? I did, despite it looking like this outside:

omg, snow

WTF?! It’s MAY! and it was BEAUTIFUL outside just yesterday. It’s not just snowflakes it’s big wet clumps of snow. I don’t have a car, I had to get there on the freaking train. I was SOAKED. But, the shop, Another Dimension Comics, seemed very busy despite the snow. Though, sadly they did not have the Stormwatch hardcover in stock like i was hoping D: oh well, guess I’ll have to go back. :p

As for the free stuff, got the expected big ones, from Marvel and DC, as well as a few others for myself, but the big reason for the trip was to get comics for my nieces, Alanna and Brianna. Alanna’s a great reader and I had gotten her comics to read before, I gave her my old Herobear and the Kid books, and some Tintin, and Fraggle Rock. Bri… she struggles with reading, I was hoping comics would help encourage her to read, and think i found some that are her level. Got Adventure Time/Peanuts, Mouseguard (as an aside, holy shit, a hardcover? for FREE? wow!), Tinkerbell/Smurfs, Superman Family Adventures/Young Justice for them. I think it was a success:

Alanna:

Alanna

Brianna:

Bri

Right now they are having an impromptu pyjama  party so they can read comics together. Yay! converts!



Imported from Tumblr: http://rayegunn.tumblr.com/post/22463811654

No comments:

Post a Comment