Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Marvel knocked it out of the park today

Wow, everything I read from Marvel today was great. Well, almost. will get to that. There were a number of tie-ins i wasn’t expecting to like much, but ended up liking a lot, especially Inferno, 2099, and Inhumans (how awesome was prohibition Ghost Rider? omg). Some I was expecting to like lived up to expectations and then some, like Where Monsters Dwell (I love Ennis) and Old Man Logan, and X-Men ‘92 was fun with a shocker ending, (they seem to like those shocker wtf endings in Secret Wars) and they absolutely nailed the voices from the show, which makes Cyclops insufferable, but I can’t deny that it’s true to character.

The only thing I read from Marvel today that was enh was (kinda disappointingly) the Young Avengers story in Secret Wars Journal, which kinda just read as the modern Young Avengers at a ren faire. After Gaiman put so much effort into making 1602 authentically, well, 1602, it was just… meh. And Billy’s magic being inexplicably green was annoying.  But we got 1602 Daredevil in Inhumans handled well, and I’m sure Gillen will do better with the 1602 zone with his Angela story.

In short, Secret Wars is shaping up to be awesome, right down to all the tie-ins.

And over at DC, I see the Convergence stuff, and I’m just ‘enh’ didn’t bother with it at all. there have been a couple tie-ins from Convergence that have been ok, but overall it’s kinda flipped in terms of getting my interest. couple good ones in a sea of meh.



Imported from Tumblr: http://ift.tt/1cjWlqN

No comments:

Post a Comment