Friday, June 19, 2015

Gettin a new video card

this is the one I picked out: http://ift.tt/1Cirvpl

GTX 960. Quite a step up from my old (and failing) GTX 470. I’ll be able to play the Witcher 3 :D   (it’s MINIMUM specs are, on the Nvidia side, a GTX 660, so I wasn’t even close)  and Fallout 4 on ultra settings, I’m sure, even though they have not released specs for it. I wasn’t too worried about that one anyway, Behesda’s games aren’t nearly as graphics intensive as CDPR’s. But it will mean i can use some of the high rez texture mods and ENB with no worries. 

I guess my current one is about 5 years old, (not all of it in MY computer, mind you. it was an emergency replacement from my dad’s computer after my last card’s water cooling system sprung a leak and fried my system, much of my current system is scrounged together last minute from second hand parts as a result) so it was time, and it’s starting to do weird things, so I think it’s on it’s last legs. hopefully this one will last me another 5 years.



Imported from Tumblr: http://ift.tt/1QHc8Ti

No comments:

Post a Comment