Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Replaying Fallout 3 and will move on to New Vegas after that, in...



Replaying Fallout 3 and will move on to New Vegas after that, in anticipation of Fallout 4. I just kinda liked that screenshot. I am doing a high intelligence/charisma stealthy sniper type that likes to avoid close combat when possible by either taking things out at range or talking his way out of situations when possible. Going well so far. I’m also attempting to not twink my character by rushing to Anchorage immediately for the Power Armor training and Gauss Rifle, even though I i know it’s waiting there, being all awesome. Roleplaying, doing things naturally.  My main intent was to do the Replicated Man quest in 3, since i KNOW that connects to Fallout 4. But turns out there are eastereggs that reference Boston and the year 2015 in there as well, in some incidental dialogue. Damn, Bethesda, that’s some crazy planning ahead.

Definitely some things I want to see improved upon in 4. Luckily, I know already that most of the things i would want changed ARE being changed, so that’s good. But still enjoyable enough, though I have added some mods to enhance the visuals, add weather, weapon repair kits and mods, stuff like that.

I also got the updated Shadowplay thing working so maybe soon I will have some video clips to share. I could always record from it, but the whole retroactive ‘that was awesome!’ capture with Shadowplay’s static times before made for awkward clips, they often had too much stuff before the awesome moment i wanted to share, or if i set it shorter i may miss some… but now you can trim them to length with Shadowplay (or whatever it’s called now) itself, and upload to Youtube, all in-game. it’s pretty awesome, really, a few quibbles aside. Like, i did this as a test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCL8SdpgHyU and you can see that in Fallout 3, it boots you back to the desktop when attempting to bring up the share overlay. It works fine in Marvel Heroes and Skyrim, though. But it does still function, and it’s still technically in beta, so hey.

Also discovered as i was trying to get that to work that my Fallout 3 and New Vegas games were in a weird state of install limbo. Steam and other programs did not recognize them as installed, (except the Honest Hearts DLC. Steam said THAT was installed, just not the base game.) which caused all sorts of weirdness with Shadowplay… yet, I could PLAY them just fine by launching with the FOSE launcher. I never even realized Steam didn’t list them as installed because I use FOSE by default anyway. So i had to install them again after backing up the game directory, then just replacing the new directory with the old one to get all my mods back, and it worked, and the new Shadowplay began working again. Very weird, must have been some dll somewhere that didn’t make the transition to Windows 10 somewhere along the line.

eh, hell with it, here is a Shadowplay capture from before, of a cool Mysterious Stranger kill, but you have to sit through like 5 minutes of my slow and  methodical playstyle first, since it won’t trim videos that you captured before the update. also, there is a hiss, I have Tinnitus, and use white noise to help mask it, so… that’s what that is. I will be setting up an aquarium on my desk here soon which will fill that function so you won’t have to listen to that in the future:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cgakypt0GCQ

 I actually got a better Mysterious Stranger assist yesterday, he took out like 3 raiders, but that was when Shadowplay was misbehaving due too my wonky Fallout install, so i never got it captured. I’d never taken the Mysterious Stranger perk  before for some reason, it’s awesome, even though it comes up infrequently.



Imported from Tumblr: http://ift.tt/1V9jJqP

No comments:

Post a Comment