Friday, September 25, 2015

Paludarium update. Got the aquarium, and ended up going a bit...





Paludarium update. Got the aquarium, and ended up going a bit larger than initially planned, I ended up with a 16 gallon (though I dunno, it seems a bit bigger) bowfront. I am going to look into removing the black rim on top but if i can’t do that safely no big deal. but I will need to jury rig something with the hood, hack it up so that it can float about a foot above. Began work on the hardscape, beginning with blocking out the shape with expanding foam.  I know it looks craptastic now but I think I’ve just about got the right shape going, though I am gonna be sweeping up foam chips from carving it away for months to come, I’m sure.  I carved out a little creek feature and partway down is a larger cavity where i can plant some small crypts and such growing emersed. I am now ready to slather it with silicone and dirt, rocks, woodchips (which will hopefully get some moss growing on them) etc. to make it look natural, and then I can actually begin assembling and planting the whole thing.



Imported from Tumblr: http://ift.tt/1MP598F

No comments:

Post a Comment