Saturday, September 26, 2015

ok, i know the pics are crap, but I am pleased with the results...









ok, i know the pics are crap, but I am pleased with the results of my mud tower. I will get my actual camera’s batteries charged for tomorrow, and move some things on my desk out of the way. This is where the paludarium stands at the end of the day. I admit i had my doubts in the early stages, but silicone  and dirt finish for the TOTALLY WORKED, and it looks very natural looking, I think. I think I am going to try and raise the bottom of the planter up so i have more room for water, it should also help make it look more like the bank of a pond, which is what i am going for, and make it easier for moss to grow. I still need to leave enough room for the roots of the plants, but the pot now is fairly deep, it should not be an issue. Put it in the tank to make sure everything fit (it did!) and make sure the filter hole could be easily hidden with rocks (it can!) so it will be a very natural looking tank with no visible hardware aside from the actual body of the filter. awesome! Oh, and also, I did remove most of the rim, but I still have one chunk that’s being stubborn then a lot of leftover silicone to scrape off. But it will look so much nicer with no rim.

though I am creating a MASSIVE mess to clean up later :p



Imported from Tumblr: http://ift.tt/1YGLH1v

No comments:

Post a Comment