Sunday, April 22, 2012

Kent website again

After still being concerned with the resolution of the comic, I had been waffling back and forth on the site design, playing with the idea of completely scrapping the site design to allow a larger comic. But I really didn’t like the idea of using a big horizontal banner across the top, (and I AM having banners, I want to make at least a little bit of money for the time I put into it) or losing the sidebar in general. Besides the banner, I have the donate button, my Twitter, and  I can put polls or… who knows what else there in the future. A sidebar is handy. But I was doing that because I was still under the impression that you design websites for 1024x768. Then I came across this: http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_resolution_higher.asp and you know what? I’m just going to make it wider without changing the layout. Over 85% of people are above 1024x768 now, even the new iPad is higher resolution than that, so… fuck em. I will make the comic larger, if people running at 1024x768 have to scroll, so be it.



Imported from Tumblr: http://rayegunn.tumblr.com/post/21597815950

No comments:

Post a Comment