Sunday, April 29, 2012

Don't feel so bad about not going to the Expo anymore...

Don't feel so bad about not going to the Expo anymore...:

Yeah. so, I didn’t go to the Calgary Expo this year despite actually living in Calgary. Couldn’t justify the money, not just getting in, but you know there would have been other things in there tempting me to purchase them… Was kinda sad about it cus they had some awesome guests lined up. Now, not so much after reading that article. I probably couldn’t have gotten in if i wanted to considering i would have been buying tickets at the door. I also saw on the news what the line looked like, holy shit, hadn’t seen a line like that since SDCC.  I hope they do something next year to fix the problem. A bigger venue, a cap on tickets sold, something… It was clearly attended by far more people than they expected. I mean, it’s good, it’s a relatively new convention, I remember when they held it out of  a single room lasting an afternoon on it’s first year, and now it’s grown to a three day event and is one of the largest Comic Book conventions in Canada (I think second only to Toronto, though it may have passed that this year) It’s great for Calgary to have a large convention like this, once Kent gets going, I hope to have a table in Artists Alley or their Small Press/Webcomics section… but man, what a clusterfuck this year.



Imported from Tumblr: http://rayegunn.tumblr.com/post/22096841292

No comments:

Post a Comment