Tuesday, January 13, 2015

blackspaceoverture: viciousfish: "I am the destiny you run from—but will never escape! because...

blackspaceoverture:



viciousfish:



image


"I am the destiny you run from—but will never escape! because nobody else wants you to!"


but…but…*I* want him to. anybody else? maybe…if we all joined hands and reached out with our feelings and belieeeeeeved? like, you know, helping Santa’s sleigh fly? that’s how it works, right?


image



from Loki: Agent of Asgard #5 and #6.



this is literally how I feel


gdi I really want him to… get better, stick with the change, not revert back to never-changing status-quo evil villain


can we please just group hug or something because I’m scared for this idiot



I know, I know. Most readers want him to stick with the change. And that may be what saves him. All this time, right from the beginning of JIM like 5 years ago, the story has been a meta commentary on how writers and fans are resistant to change. Everything keeps returning to a comfortable status quo, and he’s been fighting the pull of status quo more than anything else. Part of his fight to be better is a fight AGAINST THE FANS. And it’s one he’s WON. Fans have embraced the change, against all odds. I mean not ALL of them, some just want him to go back to villainy, but I think a pretty solid majority want him to stick with trying to be better. That was actually the hard part, now he just has to convince the other characters.


Also, it was pointed out to me the other day that what he says there could be interpreted as more of a warning. Like, think of it this way: Agent of Asgard has been A Christmas Carol. Loki is Scrooge, King Loki is the Ghost of Christmas Future, showing him what things will be like if he doesn’t change, Kid Loki flashbacks/hallucinations are the Ghost of Christmas Past, and… Thor, i guess? maybe Sigurd and Lorelei? are the present. And did Scrooge become better at the end? Yes he did.






Imported from Tumblr: http://ift.tt/1yanV29

No comments:

Post a Comment