Tuesday, September 17, 2013

susiron: Sometimes I get comments on DA that make me want to...









susiron:



Sometimes I get comments on DA that make me want to shove my head into a toaster


You had me at “Man, if people on here didn’t ask for money and things It would be a lot easier on me…..”



His working out costs at a pagerate of 3 whole dollars per page being too much for him, mind boggling. I am doing a comic for next to nothing, but it’s MY idea. It’s a story I want to tell, and frankly I don’t care how much money it makes (though, making money via the ads and merch would certainly be nice! but am certainly not expecting to get rich off of it) I wouldn’t do it for some random stranger without them paying me AT LEAST the equivalent of minimum wage. (but preferably more. Industry standard pagerate towards the low end is roughly 200-300 per page, for just pencils) surely someone putting images to your story is worth more than someone flipping burgers. 3 dollars per page isn’t even a tenth of that unless you’re doing stick figures.


I understand that getting a project off the ground is very hard, especially if you don’t have the required skills for part of it, but you can’t expect a stranger to do that sort of work for you with no compensation. Either put the project on hold until you get the funds, draw it yourself, or… something. It would be a bit different if it was a friend asking a favor, I have my friend Christopher doing the scripts for Kent, but we have known eachother for years, he was the one who offered to help, I allowed him some freedom with the story and creating new characters to make it more interesting for him (as long as the essentials remain in place) and I have drawn things for him before and would do so again. It’s more of a collaboration than just being asked to draw a pre-written script.






Imported from Tumblr: http://rayegunn.tumblr.com/post/61543338061

No comments:

Post a Comment