Sunday, September 8, 2013

"There’s a common assumption that all quiet people really want to be talkative, but can’t be. They..."


There’s a common assumption that all quiet people really want to be talkative, but can’t be. They just lack confidence, or are really bad with words, but if you just reached out a helping hand and gave them a gentle push, you could rescue them from their silent prison, from which they must constantly look out in misery at normal people talking and enjoying themselves.


The root problem is projection. A lot of people just think, “If I wasn’t talking, that would mean something was wrong, and I would want someone to pay attention to me, put me on the spot, and push me into something crazy. That would snap me out of it!” Which is probably true for them, but different people have different personalities, and for some people, that’s the wrong cure entirely, while for some other people, it’s not even a problem that needs a “cure.”






- Christina H (via cracked)



Imported from Tumblr: http://rayegunn.tumblr.com/post/60706256646

No comments:

Post a Comment