Monday, April 29, 2013

skyrimconfessionss: “The moment I became the Arch-Mage I...





skyrimconfessionss:



The moment I became the Arch-Mage I regretted it. I just didn’t think that my level 28 Breton was powerful enough to be worthy of the title.”


http://skyrimconfessions.com/



Yeah, I have issues with how easy it is to become a faction leader in general, but especially the Mages Guild. In most cases, while it’s certainly possible many game days have passed, you more than likely spent like, a week tops at any one of the guilds, and they see fit to make you their leader? While some other characters there have been with the faction for years? At least with the Thieves Guild you can draw it out by doing side quests for Vex and Delvin before really diving into the main quest so that you’ve at least contributed to the guild in a meaningful way beforehand, the same is true though to a somewhat lesser extent with the Dark Brotherhood (to be fair, I have not finished their quest yet) and Companions. But with the College of Winterhold the most you could have done is fetched some books and soul gems, or let a couple of the other students use you as a guinea pig for some shoddy magic, and the main quest progresses so fast it’s almost over before you know it, you can finish it using almost no magic at all, and BAM, Archmage.




I’m not even sure why Bethesda feels it’s necessary for you to end up leader of every faction aside from the Bards College, anyway. I would be fine with just being a member as long as the quests they gave were still entertaining. Or at least make climbing to the top REALLY difficult and long. It would be far less jarring that way when you did end up in charge.






Imported from Tumblr: http://rayegunn.tumblr.com/post/49240729419

No comments:

Post a Comment