Wednesday, August 19, 2015

kinglokisbazooka: King Loki’s fate in Agent of Asgard #17 So,...













kinglokisbazooka:

King Loki’s fate in Agent of Asgard #17

So, just going to take this moment to say a couple words. I think it ended well for Loki, I think he’s in a good place now. Thoroughly gray area, no longer a perpetual victim whose only purpose seems to be to feel sorry for. He’s accepted himself, good and bad, and has real agency now. I am excited to see what’s next for him now that we are (hopefully) out of ‘oh, poor baby’ land.

That being said, I was kinda disappointed with the hand-wavey nature of the final issue, and that him surviving the incursion and all didn’t actually have any impact for anyone but him. (well, and I assume the gods he has in his pocket, but that wasn’t addressed HERE. Presumably it will be addressed in Thor, or maybe Thors) I get that the hand waveyness was kinda part of the message, so you could make what you wanted of it, but I just kinda was hoping for something more impactful beyond him.

And truthfully, I hope he ditches that staff. Completely pointless nod to the movies, had no bearing on anything in the story. I don’t think he needs to be borrowing random little details from the movies, especially ones that make no sense. (the scepter wasn’t even HIS, it was Thanos’ he was just borrowing it)



Imported from Tumblr: http://ift.tt/1K6WZGj

No comments:

Post a Comment