Wednesday, April 15, 2015

The Agent of Asgard tag is hilarious right now

kaimaciel:



rayegunn:



Not tagging this cus I don’t really want the drama right now, but the Agent of Asgard thread right now, and some posts on CBR (by a certain someone also on Tumblr) fill me with glee. A certain portion of the fanbase are losing the sexy woobie Loki that existed only in their own minds and as far as they were concerned existed only to fawn over and feel sorry for, and getting a badass in his place, and they are FURIOUS. Thing is, I am pretty sure this was entirely intentional. Ewing and Garbett, I’m pretty sure, put those fanservicey and woobie beats in the story to lull and trick some of those fans into reading and thinking it was something it wasn’t, but it was ALWAYS something different from that if you scratched the surface even a little bit. It’s now just shedding the illusion at the same time that Loki decides to be true to himself and fight fate. All very meta, really.


The only sad thing about this is that some fans AVOIDED the series because of those same beats, they were convinced it was nothing but fluff aimed at squealing fangirls, when it was anything but. Hopefully when the story is complete and we get the new Loki, maybe some of them will give it a second look.



My main concern right now are Loki’s personality and memories. He said to Verity that he would return changed and he did say that they were supposed to be friends, which gave me the vibe that he doesn’t quite remember her.


I’m all for badass Loki, but I wish he could keep his personality and memories.



I think some of him will be returning, but he’s been gone mucking around in the past for like 3,000 years (though he maybe did not experience 3,000 years passing, I think he likely skipped around in time, but it’s impossible to say how much) and that will change anyone. His whole intent was to change himself, make himself the ‘god of stories’ rather than the ‘god of lies’ so… He can’t do that and remain the same.


I mean, I liked him the way he was, too. It’s just that some fans were getting annoying and missing the point, turning him into a MASSIVE woobie (same thing happened with movie Loki, though more accidentally in that case. And there the creators have less ability to comment on it) with every single thing being turned into an ‘aw, poor baby’ moment, and I just wanted him to kick ass. They will no longer be able to do that, so it makes me happy. The fact that new Loki is pretty metal or punk while the other one was more commercial pop, and I am a total metalhead so I like that kind of thing is a bonus.






Imported from Tumblr: http://ift.tt/1FSPpxX

No comments:

Post a Comment