Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Loki

So, I have really been enjoying Marvel’s new Loki: Agent of Asgard book, by Al Ewing, it’s awesome. But it does build on some past events, which I never did read. I decided to remedy that, and read Kieron Gillen’s Journey Into Mystery and Young Avengers to get the whole Loki redemption story. Last night, i finished Journey Into Mystery. I think it got off to a somewhat shaky start, since it was launched in the middle of Fear Itself, I HATE when books are launched in the middle of events, since you are not getting the full story unless you read the event, too. And the writing came off as cold and distant at first, probably in part because of that, since it had to spend a lot of time recapping events of Fear Itself. But it warmed up after the initial arc, and was a great read. But… holy shit, it is the SADDEST THING EVER. Well, not the whole thing… it was pretty funny and cute before the final issue, with some downright heartwarming bits, then WHAM! Tragedy hits you like a semi truck in the final issue. But in a good way. The ridiculous thing is, I knew it would happen (cus Loki’s solo book spoiled it) and it STILL had me in tears.


Well. time for Young Avengers, for the rest of Kid Loki’s adventures, which I have totally been meaning to read for a while now. But…. now i’m kinda mad at him.






Imported from Tumblr: http://ift.tt/1wmVCv8

No comments:

Post a Comment