Saturday, March 2, 2013

So, uh....

I’ve just been reading up on what’s been going on in Teen Titans and Red Hood and the Outlaws, (I don’t actually read them, cus I hate Lobdell’s writing in general. Normally I don’t comment on what I don’t read, but… damn…) and of course Batman Inc which I actually read… Not a good time to be a fan of any of the Robins past or present, huh? Except maybe Nightwing, he seems to have gotten off pretty easy recently in comparison. And so close together, too, traumatic events just happening over the span of weeks.


Wouldn’t be so bad if it was in the hands of a competent writer, but I have NO faith in Lobdell handling Tim’s (and Cassie’s) mind-control rape with any sort of tact, he may not even acknowledge that it was rape at all, and Jason’s face getting melted off just seems like it was done for pure shock value and is not going to be easy to undo… (and if it IS easily undone, it will feel even more cheap and tacky) at least with Damian, Morrison’s a good writer, and has been building towards this, and I have faith that he’ll handle it and the aftermath well. (Also, the whole story involves Talia Al Ghul, there could very well be a Lazarus Pit in Damian’s future)






Imported from Tumblr: http://rayegunn.tumblr.com/post/44358122109

No comments:

Post a Comment