Friday, February 15, 2013

fusbr0dah: skyrimconfessions: “Before playing Skyrim, I made a...





fusbr0dah:



skyrimconfessions:



“Before playing Skyrim, I made a detailed and organized list of all the mods I was going to download, watched every episode of MMOxReviews’s Skyrim Mod’s Weekly and found everything I wanted on Skyrim Nexus. I figured I should enjoy my first experience of the game in style.”


http://skyrimconfessions.tumblr.com


Image Credit: [x]



That’s actually a really bad thing to do imo. Mods should be used after your first playthrough at the very least, because then you can at least appreciate the original design of the game and the intent of the creators. But to each their own.



I agree when it comes to things that change content, or add new (often overpowered) gear, but stuff like Sky UI, Quality World Map, inventory sorters, quick menu overhauls and texture packs should be installed early. I mean, sure, give the vanilla UI’s and textures a chance, but don’t force yourself to play the whole game with the default UI and NPC’s missing toes and grainy face textures if you think a mod could make it better. You don’t need the whole game to decide if you want those aspects changed.






Imported from Tumblr: http://rayegunn.tumblr.com/post/43210529552

No comments:

Post a Comment