Monday, December 3, 2012

Karen Berger Steps Down as Vertigo Excutive Editor, SVP - Comic Book Resources

Karen Berger Steps Down as Vertigo Excutive Editor, SVP - Comic Book Resources:

This makes me very sad. Sandman is what got me into comics, and for a while, all I read was Vertigo, and Vertigo was her baby. Even after I got going with superhero stuff, I always had at least one Vertigo book that I followed, often ones she edited. If it had the Vertigo logo in the corner, I knew it was worth a look. It was a mark that assured quality. With Karen Berger gone, and the way Vertigo has been shoved aside by DC recently (moving Animal Man, Swamp Thing, and Constantine back to DC proper, among other things. I mean, I love the new Animal Man and Swamp Thing, but… can’t comment on Constantine yet, but I suspect that will be less good, Hellblazer-lite) I suspect Vertigo may be on it’s last legs… I mean, they still have some ongoing series and miniseries coming out, the new Sandman still has me very excited, but with Berger gone, I think we will see less new titles from Vertigo, until it fizzles away. Image will take up the slack, I’m sure, but it’s still sad.






Imported from Tumblr: http://rayegunn.tumblr.com/post/37170565845

No comments:

Post a Comment