Tuesday, June 5, 2012

So, more Oblivion. Above is just landscapes I took because they...



























So, more Oblivion. Above is just landscapes I took because they were pretty.


I’ve been plugging away at quests. And I am really bad about remembering to take screenshots, so some of these have no screenshot. Among the notable ones, I’ve freed the ghosts on the Hill of Suicides, which is an unmarked quest, but now that I’ve done it I can raise the dead (humans only), I’ve freed the ghosts at Vitharn, pushed a suicidal man to his death (the first time I did that quest I was pretty conflicted, but not this time :p), Got Ahjazda her survival stuff, got Sickly Bernice her cure, and, somewhere along the line, I killed a dude that was bothering shopkeepers. In the past I’ve talked him into leaving, but my personality/speechcraft stats on this character are pathetic, and couldn’t get the option. And am I going to be an assassin or aren’t I? So I murdered him, and that becomes relevant later. I also killed off the ‘Manic’ side of Split, (a town that had all it’s residents split into manic and demented selves, both sides wanted the other eliminated. But that didn’t seem to register as murder for some reason) I also completed that quest where you have to get ingredients and creatures for that researcher, Mirili, to study. I totally cheated with the last creature, though. She wanted a Scalon. ok, fine, I went down to the shore near the town and found one, set my dog to ‘passive’ so he wouldn’t attack, but… he still did! shit. And I hadn’t saved recently. And I REALLY didn’t want to have to lure one in from further away, attacking me the whole time, since my Illusion skill was too low for her to sell me the charm spell… so…. I began dragging the corpse back to Mirili, and when I got there, I used the console to resurrect it. Yes, totally a cheat, I mean, I could have resurrected him where he died, but pfft. Finished the quest and completed her zoo, and got like a measly 200 gold as a reward. yay. :p


As for the main quest, I’m close to finishing it, but now am waffling on whether I WANT to finish it. I sided with the Mazken in the battle for Cylarne, and lit the Great Torch for Dementia. This will make no sense to people who haven’t played the Shivering Isles, but it will take too long to explain. If you’re confused, this ought to get you up to speed. I became the Duke of Dementia, (and got a spiffy new helmet) battled the Forces of Order in the Fringe, along with some fellow Mazken dudes, and I gathered all the ingredients and selected the bodyparts to rebuild the Gatekeeper. whew. But now i’m here, wondering if i should continue or just book it to Cyrodiil. See, when you complete the Shivering Isles questline, you are basically a god. When Sheogorath appears in Skyrim, Bethesda pretty much confirmed that who is appearing is the player character from Oblivion, adopting the disguise of the old Sheogorath, so it’s not even like it’s a temporary thing. Lord of Madness or no, why would i become a god, then go back to Cyrodiil and join the thieves guild? Shivering Isles is really intended to be the capstone on your adventures in Oblivion. Also, at this point int he quest, I have to go defend the Dark Seducers eternal rivals, the Golden Saints, from an attack by the forces of Order. As a Mazekn, would I want to do that? hm….


So, I took a little trip to Bravil to test the waters. I took a room in a local inn, and discovered that my murderous ways in the Shivering Isles had reached the Dark Brotherhood, and I got an invitation from the Thieves Guild as well, so that’s taken care of. Truly, they have excellent informants. :p It’s not like i had stolen anything much, mostly just alchemical ingredients, since I did not have access to a fence, so… anyway, did the Dark Brotherhood’s initial quest, killing a guy at the Inn of Ill Omen, and thanks to having experience psychic guards in the past, I had a mod installed that prevented this from happening. Headed back to the Shivering Isles after that, and will think about if I want to continue that quest, or pack up my stuff and head to Cyrodiil, leaving the Shivering Isles to fend for itself.






Imported from Tumblr: http://rayegunn.tumblr.com/post/24465484138

No comments:

Post a Comment