Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A dream I had...



Last night, I had a vivid dream that I had been decapitated… and lived to tell the tale. It was like Miracle Mike, the headless chicken. Just walking around, sans head. I don’t recall exactly how it happened, except that it involved an airport, somehow. The dream was mostly what happened afterwards. Somehow, despite missing a head, I was still able to talk, hear and eat, because I went out to lunch at the mall food court with some people. Though aware I was completely blind, one of my biggest fears, I had apparently adapted remarkably well, having walked from my house to the mall unaided. I was mainly concerned with being a freak, and kept trying to cover the space where my head used to be with my arms to prevent people from staring. I vividly recall the sensation of feeling my neck stump with my hands and arms, and it was intensely creepy. Any mental side effects to losing my head were restricted to me having to search for words that would normally come easily to me, otherwise I seemed ok. While eating lunch, people tried to reassure me it was ok that I had been recently decapitated, since I was still alive. I mean, I suppose they had a point, I guess it’s better than being dead, but still.






Imported from Tumblr: http://rayegunn.tumblr.com/post/24534522788

No comments:

Post a Comment